Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course
Join Us For Our Six-Week, On-Line Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course
With Clair Goldberg, PsyD, BCN, Ellen Shaw-Smith, LICSW, BCN.
The Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course (AMC) supports the foundational enhancement of beginning neurofeedback skills along with the integration and advancement of skills for more seasoned providers.
AMC is unique in its weekly use of participants’ prepared case consultations and spontaneous group questions to define the teaching topics of the week within the comprehensive skill sets listed below.
AMC starts where you are and stretches with you as you gain greater confidence and capacity in your skills as a neurofeedback provider.
How Our Course Works
Our 75-minute, 6-week AMC format requires live group participation. Each participant will be assigned two 30-minute individual case presentation times during the six weeks. In preparation for scheduled consultation times, participants are required to send case information in advance to their small group.
Case presentations may be on neurofeedback training with clients, provider’s own self-training, or training with family or friends. History and assessment information, along with complete information on details of neurofeedback training is required to allow consultation to be of maximum support to each presenting provider.
Each presentation must also include mention of 1 skill the presenter found relevant from the recorded foundational webinar presentations.
Clinicians unable to attend in person may apply for recording-only registration which will be considered on an individual case basis. Each group will have one primary teacher with possible presentations by an additional instructor.
Benefits of Course
From beginner to more advanced providers, each participant is invited to use the teachers’ expertise, along with the valuable resources and support of the group in moving forward as their interest or learning trajectory directs.
Our weekly individual case consultations and open consultation time allow each clinician to begin where they are and grow their skills accordingly.
CE And BCIA Credits
Continuing Education Credits
The pre-recorded, pre-requisite skills are available for a minimum of 6 CE credits with completion of CE quiz for those in the US.
BCIA Requirement Credits
A number of BCIA Eligible Case Study credits are available to course participants through live instructor presentations or recorded Case Studies. These Case Studies are appropriate for both BCIA Case Study requirements and CE credits with completion of CE quiz for those in the US.
An additional BCIA Case Study credit is available to those participants who elect to present a completed Case Study during their individual case consultation time. An eligible BCIA Case Study requires a completed neurofeedback case be used for the Case Study. Additional information on this can be found on the BCIA website, or by consulting with course instructor.
Credit for items on the BCIA Essential Skills List is also available upon request. At course completion the instructor will document all BCIA Essential Skills for which mastery was shown in the course of presentations and discussion. Additionally, participants will receive BCIA consultation credit for each 20 minute or longer individual case consultation presentation.
Live Learning Topics
- What’s Most Important To Track On Your Clinician Screen
- Setting And Adjusting EEG Thresholds Bands
- Setting And Adjusting Reward And Inhibit Bands
Strengthening Your Neurofeedback Assessment Skills
- An Expanded Understanding Of Placement Sites
- Common Training Effects From Specific Sensor Locations
- Choosing A Sensor Site
- Choosing Starting And Ongoing Training Times
- Choosing Starting Frequencies For Reward And Inhibits Measures
- Tracking & Modifying Ongoing Neurofeedback Training Protocols
- Tracking 5 Areas Of Change That We See In Clients
Integrating Neurofeedback Into The Therapeutic Framework
Recorded Skills Topics
- Advanced Assessment Skills
- Attuned Neurofeedback Psychoeducation
- Tracking And Modifying Neurofeedback Training
- Path To Becoming A Neurofeedback Provider – Slides Only
- Tami’s Neurofeedback Journey Addressing Early Trauma and Lupus
Ellen Shaw-Smith, LICSW, BCN
- Inion Ridge Training and Developmental Trauma
Dr Clair Goldberg, BCN
How This Course Is Different
Clair L. Goldberg
Next Australian Course in 2024
New dates to be announced soon.
Next US Course in 2023
Wednesdays, 11am – 12:30pm EST:
**Please note that parts of North America will be losing one hour at 2:00am, March 10, 2024 for Daylight Savings. The course will still start at 11am Eastern Time (America/New York). Be sure to double-check how this will affect the start time of the course sessions in your time zone. timeanddate.com is a good resource.
Course registration requires a master’s level degree in healthcare. Additional professional licensure is also required, with special consideration extended on occasion for those found to be qualified without this requisite.
Completed participation in a 36-hour BCIA approved Introduction To Neurofeedback course is also required, as is the completion of a compatible Neurofeedback Practicum course. These requirements are necessary to support full participation in our case consultation model.
Any special consideration needed to ensure you have met these requirements will be overseen by ANFI or EEGer as your registering organization. EEGer or ANFI may elect to contact instructors regarding your circumstances if they feel consultation with us is indicated.
Course Fees & Bundle
We invite you to participate in the Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course today!
Recurring registration fee for those who have completed the first time prerequisite package: AUD$995
Looking for the complete ANF Package?
This bundle has everything you need to start your successful neurofeedback clinical practice.
Neurofeedback Clinical Pathway Bundle
Upon completing the Practicum, you will begin your 8-session Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course. This course includes:
* Aligns with BCIA 2014 Revision
Practicing neurofeedback requires some specialized equipment. EEGer’s training kit will include everything you need to setup and conduct neurofeedback trainings. You, however, will need to supply a computer with certain minimum requirements and we also highly recommend acquiring a second monitor.
EEGer Training Kit (ETK):
- EEGer4 software enable for live sessions with USB security key.
- High-quality 2-channel EEG amplifier.
- 2-channel set of non-disposable silver electrode sensors (2 flats, 2 earclips)
- Ten20 conductive paste and NuPrep skin prep gel samples
The Premium Kit also includes:
- Extra backup 2-channel set of electrodes
- Clinical Nuprep, 4oz supply
- Clinical Ten20, 24oz supply
- Ardea game
- Extra stacking jumper
- Extra personal tech session with EEGer’s expert tech support team
- Desktop/Laptop that meets these minimum requirements.
- Second monitor (recommended/optional)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls or pads
- Wipes or paper towel
How the bundle purchase process works:
- Clicking the “Register Now” button will take you to the checkout page for the Neurofeedback Clinical Pathway Bundle where you may confirm and complete your purchase.
- The EEGer sales team will confirm your purchase, begin putting your training kit together, and notify you when it is on its way. In the meantime, you can double check to ensure your computer meets these minimum requirements for EEGer’s software. We also recommend acquiring a second monitor, but it is not required. If you have any questions about your computer set up, you can contact EEGer Store tech support at email@example.com.
- For the EEGer software, they have a self-install option as well as a guided installation option. When your training kit is shipped, their tech support team will reach out to you to schedule an individual installation session. Whichever method you prefer, they have you covered.
Don’t forget the rubbing alcohol, cotton balls/pads, and wipes!
Because EEGer is classified as a medical device, your system will be using a limited software license. This type of license requires the involvement of a mentor to set up protocols. Once you have completed the course and successfully run a few sessions with your mentor, the EEGer Team will upgrade your software license to the full version. At this stage, you will have a month to continue learning before you will choose how to proceed with EEGer. This may be beginning a monthly subscription, choosing a payment plan that meets the needs of you and your practice, or returning parts of the training kit if you feel EEGer isn’t right for you.