Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum
Join Us For A Four-Week, On-Line Practicum Course using EEGer Software
With Leanne Hershkowitz M.A./Ed.S., LPC, BCN & Anna Morrell M.S., LCMHC, BCN
The Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum (ANP) or EEGer Online Practicum (EOP) is a foundational course for those beginning in the field of neurofeedback, someone new to the EEGer software or someone looking for a refresher of essential neurofeedback skills. This course is designed with weekly lectures to help bridge information from the Didactic course (Introduction to Clinical Neurofeedback) to the hands-on learning of running a neurofeedback training session. Each week, we layer we layer new skills to build confidence in your abilities as a neurofeedback provider, from applying the sensors, understanding the arousal model to protocol selection and adjustments, through running training sessions.
How Our Course Works
Our 3 hour, 4-week ANP format requires live group participation. Each participant will receive 12 hours of practicum instruction including:
Dates and times of these sessions are determined between individual mentees and mentors. These sessions are intended to offer one on one time to go over specific questions related to learned skills, how to integrate neurofeedback into your practice, and more.
Those Who Will Benefit From This Course
Beginners to the field of neurofeedback, someone new to the EEGer software or someone looking for a refresher of essential neurofeedback skills.
CE And BCIA Credits
CE Credits are not available for this section of the Introduction to Attuned Neurofeedback Course.
All course instructors are BCIA-approved mentors.
Registrations Now Open - 2 Day Intensive!
For those who have some experience with neurofeedback or need a refresher, are comfortable with technology and feel they learn it quickly, or have other trained providers in their professional environment to work closely with, in June 2023 we are offering a 2 Day Intensive Practicum Program.
For more information and to register, click on the button below:
- The arousal model
- Placing sensors and the 10-20 system with live demonstration and follow along
- Learning how to record a minimap with live demonstration and individual practice
- Basic understanding of the wave or therapist screen
- Learning how to find and use basic Protocols (C3, C4 & C3-C4)
- Creating client files & using the plan session screen
- Learning how to run a live training session including live demo and hands on practice
- Additional learning of the wave screen
- Small Group Mentor Time – using QuickAssist
- Learning to assess the impacts of a training session and how to adjust training for best outcomes
- Deeper learning of the wave screen, running training sessions and thresholding
- Small Group Mentor Time – practice reassessing, adjusting frequencies, questions, live sessions with group members
- In depth lecture on coaching & learning theory for neurofeedback including ground and sensory integration work
- Introduction to the review session screen – how to assess your training sessions & begin to understanding and use MiniMaps
- Live Q&A and discussions on how to move forward with your learning and finding the path to being a successful Attuned Neurofeedback Provider!
Introduction to personal mentor, practice neurofeedback intake as client and select first protocol, practice setting up client profile and using remote computer access technology.
Solidifying learning, questions, personal protocols, where they’d like to take this next.
All live lectures are recorded and are available for review approximately 1 week after each session and stay available to course participants for 30 days after the course ends. Small group and individual mentoring sessions are not recorded.
How This Course Is Different
M.A./Ed.S., LPC, BCN
M.S., LCMHC, BCN
February/March 2024 Schedule
Session times: Fridays, 12pm – 3pm EST
Course Fees & Bundles
We invite you to participate in the Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum today!
Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum
Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum Bundles
Would you like to complement your Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum training?
Choose from one of the below bundles.
Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum & Didactic Training
* Aligns with BCIA 2014 Revision
Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum & Standard Training Kit
Attuned Neurofeedback Practicum & Premium Training Kit
Looking for the complete ANF Package?
This bundle has everything you need to start your successful neurofeedback clinical practice.
Neurofeedback Clinical Pathway Bundle
Upon completing the Practicum, you will begin your 8-session Attuned Neurofeedback Mentoring Course. This course includes:
* Aligns with BCIA 2014 Revision
Practicing neurofeedback requires some specialized equipment. EEGer’s training kit will include everything you need to setup and conduct neurofeedback trainings. You, however, will need to supply a computer with certain minimum requirements and we also highly recommend acquiring a second monitor.
EEGer Training Kit (ETK):
- EEGer4 software enable for live sessions with USB security key.
- High-quality 2-channel EEG amplifier.
- 2-channel set of non-disposable silver electrode sensors (2 flats, 2 earclips)
- Ten20 conductive paste and NuPrep skin prep gel samples
The Premium Kit also includes:
- Extra backup 2-channel set of electrodes
- Clinical Nuprep, 4oz supply
- Clinical Ten20, 24oz supply
- Ardea game
- Extra stacking jumper
- Extra personal tech session with EEGer’s expert tech support team
- Desktop/Laptop that meets these minimum requirements.
- Second monitor (recommended/optional)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton balls or pads
- Wipes or paper towel
How the bundle purchase process works:
- Once you’ve decided on the appropriate bundle (each is detailed above), clicking the Buy Now button will take you to the appropriate checkout page where you may confirm and complete your purchase.
- The EEGer sales team will confirm your purchase, begin putting your training kit together, and notify you when it is on its way. In the meantime, you can double check to ensure your computer meets these minimum requirements for EEGer’s software. We also recommend acquiring a second monitor, but it is not required. If you have any questions about your computer set up, you can contact EEGer Store tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the EEGer software, they have a self-install option as well as a guided installation option. When your training kit is shipped, their tech support team will reach out to you to schedule an individual installation session. Whichever method you prefer, they have you covered.
Don’t forget the rubbing alcohol, cotton balls/pads, and wipes!
Because EEGer is classified as a medical device, your system will be using a limited software license. This type of license requires the involvement of a mentor to set up protocols. Once you have completed the course and successfully run a few sessions with your mentor, the EEGer Team will upgrade your software license to the full version. At this stage, you will have a month to continue learning before you will choose how to proceed with EEGer. This may be beginning a monthly subscription, choosing a payment plan that meets the needs of you and your practice, or returning parts of the training kit if you feel EEGer isn’t right for you.